For teams transitioning to Agile, Planit offers a tailored Agile Implementation service designed to accelerate this process, imparting effective Agile practices with a keen focus on quality.
Based on an initial assessment of current practices and ‘Agility’, a coaching, mentoring and training programme will be tailored to fit your organisational needs. The Agile Coach will then join your team to support their first release/iteration planning meeting and subsequent major critical events as agreed with the client. This may include your daily stand-up meetings, your demo, retrospective and the next iteration planning meeting.
Upon completion of this service, your Agile team will be able to:
- Effectively estimate, plan and execute timeboxed iterations on your chosen project
- Appropriately communicate to all stakeholders
- Respond faster and more reliably to customer requests
- Review and adapt their Agile practices based on what they have learned
For clients wishing for further support, our Agile specialists can be engaged on a part-time or full-time basis for a duration that suits your project’s needs.
Agile Coaching & Mentoring
For teams following Agile practices who wish to optimise their performance, Planit offers packages of Agile training and coaching.
Planit’s award winning Agile training provides detailed explanations of Agile practices with hands-on exercises to ensure learning is put into action. This is invaluable in maximising the benefits realised from the Agile ceremonies through building a common language and understanding of roles within the team.
Benefit from Planit’s experienced team of Agile coaches and mentors to receive guidance in applying Agile within the context of your project. Our team is available for short engagements to evaluate and improve practices or to be involved longer-term for mentoring in Agile projects. Our Agile Coaches can be engaged to focus on specific Agile practices, including:
- Product Backlog Grooming
- Writing User Stories
- Session-Based Testing
Ensure all stakeholders have a common understanding of Agile and learnings become consolidated as instinctive behaviour.
Agile Process Improvement
Whether you are new to Agile or have encountered issues in executing Agile practices in your projects, Planit staff can coach you in effective practices following a proven Agile process/framework which becomes embedded within your culture. This involves:
- Clarifying the requirements, testing targets and objectives of the tests.
- Defining the acceptance criteria with your business based on analysis of the target systems and the user processes being implemented.
- Using exploratory techniques to write and execute the tests using Session-Based Testing.
- Working with the team to prioritise defects to ensure user stories are complete for the showcase.
- Ensuring the tester is fully integrated into the Agile team, engaging in meaningful interactions that are critical to Agile projects.
- Enabling the tester to effectively contribute to retrospectives and continuous improvement.
Planit can work with you staff to identify sustainable improvements which become habitual effective processes by reviewing your team(s) through our unique Agile Process Improvement review which focusses on collective team quality.