If you are a DevOps specialist seeking to make a real difference in the DevOps community, consider joining Planit's Brisbane or Melbourne based teams!
DevOps today is a mainstream practice for many enterprises, including Planit's clients across industries, and the momentum is increasing. This is your opportunity to join our dynamic DevOps practice and contribute to customer success on their respective DevOps journeys.
- Grow your career as a member of Planit's DevOps practice.
- Support and interact with top tier clients, providing automation and toolchain implementations, process improvement, and cultural guidance.
- Excellent Salary Package, Staff Benefits, Training, Development & Certifications + more...
Recognised in Gartner's Magic Quadrant for Application Testing Services for 2017/2018, we are experts in digital quality and the leading provider of testing solutions, services and training in Asia Pacific with over 1,300 permanent employees. Recently named by the AFR as Australia's 2nd fastest growing private company, Planit's DevOps practice is also rapidly growing and we are seeking experienced DevOps & Senior DevOps Consultants to join our Brisbane and Melbourne teams on a permanent basis.
About the Roles
As an experienced DevOps practitioner you will possess strong process and technical disciplines in the product delivery lifecycle. You will contribute to the thought and innovation processes within Planit's technology centres of excellence, and be driven to help achieve customer success.
The role requires DevOps process and tools experience, including agile methods, continuous integration and delivery, release and deployment management, and knowledge of continuous improvement using monitoring and feedback loops. Good consulting and analytical skills are required to provide best-fit client recommendations and solutions for each DevOps journey and project.
In this role, you will be given the tools and support you need to advance your skills and experience, while developing a rewarding career with one of Australia's fastest growing companies, while adding true value to your career and to Planit's clients.
Work with the Planit DevOps and client teams to continually improve and innovate our DevOps service offerings, and contribute to strategic direction.
These are consultative roles supporting Australia, NZ and global enterprise clients; travel may be required at times.
- Lead or support DevOps maturity and toolchain assessments; validate and present business and technical recommendations of best-fit tools.
- Be proficient in DevOps implementations using best practice techniques in target areas of specialty.
- Identify, experiment and learn new tools and technologies; drive their implementation and usage within areas of specialty
- Provide a team contribution, leadership and technical excellence for DevOps implementations.
- Manage stakeholder expectations and communicate throughout DevOps engagements.
- Identify risks, constraints and impediments in DevOps engagements, and actively seek solutions.
Skills and Experience
- 7+ years of software delivery experience in most phases of the product lifecycle.
- 2+ years' experience delivering high quality DevOps solutions in one or more DevOps segments.
- Experienced with Cloud infrastructure and capability provisioning such as AWS and Azure.
- Experienced with open source or enterprise automation and configuration management tools.
- Sound knowledge of DevOps lifecycle and processes, including two or more of the following capabilities:
- Agile Methodology
- Change and Configuration Management
- Continuous Integration & Delivery (CI/CD), with test automation
- Release & Deployment Management
- Sound working knowledge of industry pervasive tools used in DevOps toolchains, which may include:
- Git, Jira, Jenkins, Maven, Bamboo, TeamCity, Ansible, SAP Rev-Trac, IBM Urban Code.
- A working knowledge of code and script (e.g., Shell, Ant, Python, Perl, Ruby)
- Prior experience with test automation frameworks and performance management tools is advantageous.
- Strong team and relationship building skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Work with like-minded colleagues who have a passion for DevOps excellence. Within an encouraging and supportive environment, the team-orientated culture is helpful, friendly, inclusive and flexible. The Senior Management team has a shared vision and an open and approachable style, employees have the freedom to bring ideas forward and feel empowered to learn and drive change.
Planit offers all employees a highly competitive remuneration package, a wide range of employee benefits, and exceptional career development opportunities with unrivalled training and certification opportunities.
So what are you waiting for? Apply now!
Planit is an equal employment opportunity employer.
***NO AGENCIES PLEASE***
If you believe that this role is for you APPLY TODAY !Apply Now