With more than 1.5 million members, the Royal Automobile Club of Queensland (RACQ) is the state’s largest club. For RACQ, protecting and enhancing the interests of its members is a priority, with online services critical to their members and, therefore, business.
Planit was engaged to ensure the highest quality and performance of these online services. To that end, Planit provided consultancy, architecture, installation and development support for RACQ’s selected test automation tool, Ranorex, as well as training for the testing team.
“Whether you’re starting or in the middle of your test journey, Planit can add value at any stage. You can also fast-track your testing knowledge with Planit’s expertise. Because they’re so far ahead of the game, there is always something you can learn from them."
"The insights were invaluable, as the data produced informed targeted initiatives that changed the way we did things and where we invest.”
Rebecca Harris, Quality Team Manager, RACQ
“As the Manager of the Quality Team, I was seeking support around a Ranorex test automation product. I was referred to Planit as the Australian partner for that product.
“Our initial engagement was for consultancy around architecture, installation and development support. From the outset, the technical support from Planit was pro-active, supportive and strongly centred around adding value.
“It was evident from the outset that Planit was aligned with me about the importance of doing things the right way for test automation. Planit earned my trust and confidence at that first meeting after demonstrating their technical depth and experience.
“Planit are our partners in delivery – they truly have our best interests at heart and their people are brilliant. We have a shared mindset on how we deliver sustainable, automated testing solutions. As an accredited ISTQB training provider, Planit also train my Quality team across all three test areas - functional, non-functional and technical testing.
“Planit contributes multiple benefits to our testing capacity and capability and, ultimately, our members are the beneficiaries. These include:
- Increasing visibility of potential risks by proactively providing insight and a deeper view and understanding of where issues are and possible impacts.
- Accelerating delivery of projects through testing meaning we can create adapt, and move in sync with our members’ evolving requirements.
- Improving and enhancing our customers’ experience as a result of the functional testers’ detecting defects early.
- Ensuring our product quality is enhanced through effectively designed tests and having access to quality people who can provide immediate results.
- Gaining insights to ensure optimisation, functionality and usability of applications features made possible through Planit’s wholistic approach to their functional and technical testing.
- Planit are proactive in their approach to adding value and are absolutely committed to achieving continuous improvement.
“Our return on investment with Planit is evident in several aspects:
- We have substantial financial benefits from progressing to a Master Services Agreement rate card, and as a VIP client, we have reduced the cost of our testing resources by approximately 20 per cent.
- The time and cost savings in change management are very much diminished and thousands have been saved. I can also focus on what I need to do.
“Our testing touches portfolios in excess of a $50 million and Planit is now involved in all aspects of our testing.
“Whether you’re starting or in the middle of your test journey, Planit can add value at any stage. You can also fast-track your testing knowledge with Planit’s expertise. Because they’re so far ahead of the game, there is always something you can learn from them.
“For example, we had one person from Planit plan and execute the performance testing of RACQ’s website. Her knowledge, depth of experience and communication skills are superior. The insights were invaluable, as the data produced informed targeted initiatives that changed the way we did things and where we invest.”
Quality Team Manager