- Lead from the front within a dedicated technical division with a global leader
- Opportunity to help drive the direction of a leader in engineering in test
- Remain hands-on whilst working on strategic client engagements nationally
We are looking for an exceptional SDET (Software Development Engineer in Test) / Automation Architect to join our Brisbane team for a full-time permanent consulting role.
You will be an automation evangelist and a top gun developer who knows how to build highly scalable, robust and maintainable solutions and lead successful teams and projects.
Planit is a global market leader in quality engineering solutions, recognised in the Gartner Magic Quadrant, the Australia Financial Review Top 500 Private Companies, and by Westpac as one of Australia's top 200 "Businesses of Tomorrow".
Who you are
You will have a VERY STRONG development background with hands on experience of Test Automation, Continuous Integration and DevOps practices. You will be equally comfortable discussing best practice with developers and potential opportunities with clients. You must know how to assess risk and ROI and have the technical expertise to fix complex issues and architect high-quality solutions.
You will have a proven track record and the battle scars to prove it, enabling you to avoid common pitfalls and to mentor junior members of the team in best practice.
You must know how to architect and develop highly scalable, robust and maintainable solutions and lead successful teams and projects.
For the right person we will provide a competitive salary a great working environment, training, mentorship and the support you need to advance your skills and experience, whilst developing a rewarding career.
"We welcome and encourage you, during this process, to share a link to your GitHub (or similar) repository demonstrating example projects and code"
What you'll do
- Define strategies and implementation plans which demonstrate ROI
- Work with developers and test engineers to improve test and release processes
- Build and maintain test tooling and frameworks
- Manage stakeholder expectations and communicate with developers
- Document and report progress, risks, issues and defects
- Lead by example and demonstrate best practices in software development
Mandatory Skills & Experience
- A solid understanding of OOP development practices and with Java, C# or similar
- Extensive experience delivering high quality test automation solutions with tools such as Selenium, Ranorex, Coded UI etc.
- Demonstrated ability to solve technical problems and implement innovative solutions
- Hands on experience with Continuous Integration tools such as Jenkins, Bamboo, Team City, Circle CI etc.
- Web Service and API testing
- BDD with tools such as Cucumber, SpecFlow, JBehave
- Version control with GIT and a good understanding of branching and merging
- Excellent relationship building and communication skills
- Cloud experience - AWS or Azure
- Configuration Management tools such as Ansible, Chef, Puppet, OpsWorks etc.
- Service Virtualisation / API Stubbing
- Mobile Testing
- Practical SQL and database experience
Work with like-minded colleagues who have a passion for Technical excellence. Within an encouraging and supportive environment, the team-orientated culture is helpful, friendly, inclusive and flexible. The Senior Management team has a shared vision and with an open and approachable style, employees have the freedom to bring ideas forward and feel empowered to learn.
As a permanent employee of Planit, you will be entitled to all the benefits made available to our staff. Planit offer all employees a highly competitive remuneration package, a wide range of employee benefits, exceptional career development opportunities, there are staff events, regular social activities with unrivalled training and progression opportunities.
This is a "career" opportunity and would be a strategic move for the right candidate - You could be part of a rapidly growing organisation where your vision and expertise can shape the growth of our business.
Successful applicants must be prepared to go through a programming/coding assessment and also attend an interview in person or over Skype.
So what are you waiting for? Apply now!
Planit is an equal employment opportunity employer.
Salary Range: $100,000 - $170,000
*****NO AGENCIES PLEASE*****
If you believe that this role is for you APPLY TODAY !Apply Now