- Looking for career progression with a global top 4 in Technical Testing Services
- Dedicated technical division within a global leading IT consultancy
- Competitive Salary, Company Benefits, Overtime, Training & Certifications, and more.....
Planit is a global market leader in quality engineering solutions, recognised in the Gartner Magic Quadrant, the Australia Financial Review Top 500 Private Companies, and by Westpac as one of Australia's top 200 "Businesses of Tomorrow" and our NZ business is growing at a rate of knots. Being experts in digital quality, Planit are the leading provider of testing solutions, services and training in Asia Pacific with over 1,400 permanent employees across NZ, Australia, India and the UK. We are tool agnostic and vendor independent, providing impartial advice and practical support across all mainstream and open source test tools, and successfully delivering Testing solutions for small to large organisations across New Zealand. Planit is built on the core principle that quality people lead to quality outcomes.
About the Role
Planit are seeking experienced Developers in Test / Automation Architects of ALL LEVELS to join our Wellington team on a permanent basis. You will have a VERY STRONG development background with hands on experience of Test Automation, Continuous Integration and DevOps practices at every level. At the management/leadership end, you will know how to win, resource and deliver work of the highest standard. You will be equally comfortable discussing best practice with developers and potential opportunities with clients. You must know how to assess risk and ROI and how to document strategies, plans and RFPs, but also have the technical expertise to fix complex issues and architect high-quality solutions.
You will have a proven track record and the battle scars to prove it, enabling you to avoid common pitfalls and to mentor junior members of the team in best practice. You must know how to architect and develop highly scalable, robust and maintainable solutions and lead successful teams and projects, if you are a manager.
What you'll do
- Define automation strategies and lead high-performance teams
- Develop frameworks and process and execute automated tests
- Work with developers and test engineers to improve test and release processes
- Manage stakeholder expectations, keeping them informed throughout the project
- Document and report progress, risks, issues and defects
- Lead by example and demonstrate best practices in software development
Mandatory Skills and Experience
- Proven hands on experience delivering quality test automation solutions with tools such as Selenium WebDriver, Ranorex, SoapUI, Tosca, Coded UI, QTP etc.
- Hands on experience with Web Service and API testing tools such as SoapUI/ReadyAPI, Postman, Mocha etc.
- Hands on experience with Continuous Integration tools such as Jenkins, Bamboo, Team City, Circle CI etc.
- BDD with tools such as Cucumber, SpecFlow, JBehave
- Experience with version control systems and a good understanding of branching and merging strategies
- A good understanding of web service concepts like Service-Oriented Architecture, REST Architecture, Soap protocol etc.
- Demonstrated ability to solve technical problems and implement innovative solutions
- Excellent relationship building and communication skills
- Cloud experience - AWS or Azure
- Configuration Management tools such as Ansible, Chef, Puppet, OpsWorks, Octopus Deploy etc.
- Service Virtualisation / API Stubbing
- Mobile Testing
- Practical SQL and database experience
Work with like-minded colleagues who have a passion for Technical Testing excellence. Within an encouraging and supportive environment, the team-orientated culture is helpful, friendly, inclusive and flexible. The Senior Management team has a shared vision and with an open and approachable style, employees have the freedom to bring ideas forward and feel empowered to learn.
Planit supports its staff with a defined career plan with positive and realistic progression points for each new team member. We offer all Planit courses (including ISTQB) to all of our employees and we regularly recognise and reward high performers. In addition, there are regular staff social events and excellent employee benefits, such as fully subsidised health and life insurance.
***You must know how to architect and develop highly scalable, robust and maintainable solutions and lead successful teams and projects. As part of the interview process you will undergo a technical programming/coding assessment during which you will demonstrate best practices***
What are you waiting for? Apply now!
Planit is an equal employment opportunity employer.
***NO AGENCIES PLEASE***
If you believe that this role is for you APPLY TODAY !Apply Now