- Exceptional senior career development opportunities accompanied with training
- Dedicated technical testing division within a global leading testing consultancy
- Global opportunities available internally for staff who show potential & drive
Planit is a global market leader in quality engineering solutions, recognised in the Gartner Magic Quadrant, the Australia Financial Review Top 500 Private Companies, and by Westpac as one of Australia's top 200 "Businesses of Tomorrow." With a rich heritage in testing & training, our practice disciplines include Performance, Security, Automation, Agile, DevOps, Functional & Non-Functional Testing.
With 1,300+ employees across ANZ, India and UK, our Automation practice is rapidly growing and Perth are looking for highly-experienced seniors to join on a permanent basis. You will be working with the best in the industry and enjoying a variety of employee incentives including award-winning career development programs.
About the Role
As a Senior Automation Test Manager/Consultant, you will consult to our top tier client base, to develop and deliver high quality test automation solutions, to the highest level of quality. The incumbent will primarily operate onsite but will also assist in the operational side of the business out of the Planit Brisbane office, with occasional travel where required. This is a technical role and the incumbent must have exposure to creating and maintaining various test automation solutions, along with the soft skills that we expect in our consultants. You will be provided with the tools and support you need to advance your skills and experience, while developing a rewarding career and adding true value to your career and clients.
You will know how to win, resource and deliver work of the highest standard. You will be equally comfortable discussing best practice with developers and potential opportunities with clients. You must know how to assess risk and ROI and how to document strategies, plans and RFPs, but also have the technical expertise to fix complex issues and architect high-quality solutions.
If you have only ever recorded test automation scripts, this isn't the role for you! You must know how to architect and develop highly scalable, robust and maintainable solutions and lead successful teams and projects.
For the right person we will provide a competitive salary a great working environment, training, mentorship and the support you need to advance your skills and experience, whilst developing a rewarding career.
- Define and implement automation strategies and lead high-performance teams.
- Develop and execute automated testing solutions and teams
- Manage stakeholder expectations, keeping them informed throughout the project.
- Document and report progress, risks, issues and defects.
- Work across multiple clients delivering PoC's and pre-sales work in Brisbane.
- Be a practice lead for test automation with overall responsibility for delivery across all projects.
- Be responsible for contracts, negotiations and profitability.
Skills and Experience
- A proven track record in managing successful teams - minimum 5+ years management experience.
- 10+ years' experience delivering quality test automation solutions with multiple tools such as Selenium, TOSCA, Ranorex, UFT/QTP, RFT, MS Coded UI, etc.
- A solid understanding of Object Oriented development practices
- A solid understanding of IT principles - Computer Science degree or similar is advantageous
- Demonstrated ability to solve technical problems and implement innovative solutions
- Excellent relationship building and communication skills
- Knowledge of business and people management
- Web Service and API testing
- Service Virtualisation
- Mobile Testing
- BDD with tools such as Cucumber, JBehave and RSpec
- Practical SQL and database experience
- Experience with version control systems such as SVN and GIT
- Exposure to Continuous Integration tools
Work with like-minded colleagues who have a passion for Technical Testing excellence. Within an encouraging and supportive environment, the team-orientated culture is helpful, friendly, inclusive and flexible. The Senior Management team has a shared vision and with an open and approachable style, employees have the freedom to bring ideas forward and feel empowered to learn.
As a permanent employee of Planit, you will be entitled to all the benefits made available to our staff. Planit offer all employees a highly competitive remuneration package, a wide range of employee benefits, exceptional career development opportunities, there are staff events/parties/activities with unrivalled training and certification opportunities.
This is a great opportunity to be part of a rapidly growing organisation where your vision and expertise can shape the growth of our business.
Successful applicants must be prepared to go through a 1.5-2 hour programming/coding assessment and also attend an interview in Brisbane/Over Skype.
So what are you waiting for? Apply now!
Planit is an equal employment opportunity employer.
Salary Range: $110K - $150K package
*****NO AGENCIES PLEASE*****
If you believe that this role is for you APPLY TODAY !Apply Now