Apply a Lean-Agile mindset with Leading SAFe® 4.6
During the two-day Leading SAFe® course, attendees will gain the knowledge necessary to lead a Lean-Agile enterprise by leveraging the Scaled Agile Framework® (SAFe), and its underlying principles derived from Lean, systems thinking, Agile development, product development flow, and DevOps. They will discuss the five competencies needed to become a Lean SAFe Enterprise:
- Lean-Agile leadership
- Team and technical Agility
- DevOps and Release on Demand
- Business solutions and Lean engineering
- Lean portfolio management
They will also learn and practice the skills for supporting and executing PI Planning events, and coordinating multiple Agile Release Trains (ARTs).
Attendees will gain an understanding of the Lean-Agile mindset, why it’s so effective in today’s adapt-or-die marketplace, and what it means to lead a Lean-Agile transformation. They’ll also learn how to build and support Agile teams and programs, empower a Lean Portfolio, build a Continuous Delivery Pipeline and DevOps culture, and coordinate large solutions.
Attending the Leading SAFe class prepares individuals to take the exam and become a certified SAFe 4 Agilist (SA).
Leading SAFe is designed for leaders looking to better understand and execute their roles within a SAFe enterprise. It will particularly benefit:
- Executives and leaders (Managers, Directors, CIOs, VPs, etc.).
- Experienced testers wanting to better understand their role within an Agile team.
- Development, QA, and infrastructure management.
- Program and project managers.
- Product and product line management.
- Portfolio managers.
- PMOs and process leads.
- Enterprise, system, and solution architects.
There are no pre-requisites for this Leading SAFe course. However, experience in software development, testing, business analysis, product, or project management, and/or experience in Scrum are recommended.
- Understand the Five Core Competencies of the Lean Enterprise
- Become a Lean-thinking manager-teacher
- Apply the values and principles of a Lean-Agile Mindset
- Apply SAFe’s Lean and Agile principles to the roles and practices of SAFe
- Create high-performing teams by establishing mission and purpose
- Lead the transformation with the SAFe Implementation Roadmap
- Support PI Planning and the events associated with successful Program execution
- Drive Release on Demand with the Continuous Delivery Pipeline
- Establish alignment and execution with Strategic Themes and Lean Portfolio Management
- Coordinate multiple Agile Release Trains and suppliers with a Solution Train
- Introducing the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- Becoming a Lean-Agile Leader
- Establishing Team and Technical Agility
- Experiencing Program Increment (PI) Planning
- Releasing on Demand with DevOps
- Building Business Solutions and Lean Systems
- Implementing Lean Portfolio Management
- Leading the transformation