Planit Testing is a global company embracing change in order to continually improve and drive quality. Our ability to adapt and respond makes us a market leader, a company to be proud of and a business recognised by the Gartner Magic Quadrant.
At the heart of our business is our experts within practice disciplines including Automation, Agile, Performance, Security, DevOps, Functional & Non-Functional Testing.
Discover an environment with the opportunity to work alongside the best in the industry, that is committed to career development and best practices and has the mindset of thought leadership.
About the Role
Working within our technical division you will specialise in Automation and use these skills to consult to our top tier client base. We will expect that you can deliver Test Automation solutions to the highest level of quality.
Planit's UK has its Head Office based in Reading, however, as we are a consultancy there will be travel required to various client sites across the UK and you will be expected to be prepared to stay away from home during the working week.
As one of our Automation Experts you will have;
- Proven Test Lead experience.
- Proven experience delivering quality test automation solutions with multiple tools such as Selenium, RFT, MS Coded UI, Ranorex, Tosca, UFT/QTP etc.
- BDD with tools such as Cucumber, JBehave and RSpec.
- A proven track record in leading successful teams
- A solid understanding of OOP development practices with Java, C# or similar.
- Demonstrated ability to solve technical problems and implement innovative solutions.
- Excellent relationship building and communication skills.
Desirable Skills - all levels across Automation
- Web Service and API testing
- Ability to source control your test assets
- Mobile Testing
- Practical SQL and database experience
- Exposure to Agile practices, Continuous Integration tools & DevOps
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
Strategy and Plan documents
- Create multiple test plans to cover all test cycles for a particular project
- Create or assist in the creation of a test strategy
Estimation and Resourcing
- Provides estimates of required resources (time, people, skills, environments, tools etc.) for the project at the request of the test manager
- Identify appropriate resourcing for test projects and test phases
- Validates team estimates
- Negotiate access and organise configuration/build of suitable test environments
- Produce test schedules for a phase of testing
Implementation and Execution
- Implementation and usage of multiple tools and best practices
- Identify and solves technical challenges with implementation and usage of tools within a small team
- Able to manage the defect process ensuring that all defects are analysed and fixes are scheduled and retested
Reporting & Delivery
- Provide regular reports to project test management and other interested parties
- Complete client engagements from outset to completion in line with Project Plans and Estimates
Test Data & Process Improvement
- Determine correct test data requirements and manage accordingly
- Contribute to post implementation reviews for discrete areas
Culture and Benefits:
Joining the team will see you meet a diverse range of individuals who really enjoy the variety that comes with working within a consultancy. Our leadership team is accessible to help you grow your career. With our wide variety of clients and projects, you will be constantly challenged.
Planit operates with a flat-structure feel which enables you to have your contributions heard and acknowledged. We keep up-to-date with the ever-changing IT tools and offer you the opportunity to focus on learning new tools through your career at Planit. In addition, as an inclusive friendly organisation, we offer staff parties and run an active social club for those who would like to get involved!
In addition, we offer extensive benefits including competitive salary, professional training, staff mobility programme and healthcare to name but a few.
So what are you waiting for? Apply now to take the next step in your software testing career!
Planit is an equal employment opportunity employer.
**No agencies please**
If you believe that this role is for you APPLY TODAY !Apply Now