- Are you immediately available for a FTC opportunity within a global leader?
- Do you have what it takes to cover payroll in Australia, NZ and the UK?
- Do you have expert knowledge of payroll processing and management?
Recognised in Gartner's Magic Quadrant for Application Testing Services for 2017/2018, we are experts in digital quality and the leading provider of testing solutions, services and training in Asia Pacific with over 1,300 permanent employees across Australia, NZ, India and the UK. Recently named by the AFR as Australia's 2nd fastest growing private company, Planit's Finance team is also rapidly growing and we are seeking a highly-experienced Senior Payroll Officer to join our Sydney team on a 6 month fixed-term basis (possibly with a view to making this role permanent). Reporting to the Financial Controller and Payroll Manager, you will be working with the best in the industry, and a very fast paced Finance team while enjoying a variety of employee incentives including award-winning career development programmes.
About the Role
Working closely with Finance and HR you will work on all aspects of the payroll function on a monthly basis, including 3 separate pay groups and over 1,300 permanent staff globally. This role is varied and complex. With a focus on results you will apply your technical expertise and set high standards for quality and quantity, and report directly to the Group Financial Controller and Payroll Manager. Supporting the Payroll function across the group, you will assist in the preparation and review all payroll processes.
You will set high standards, work in a systematic and methodical way. You will demonstrate the ability to effectively communicate with all stakeholders, while be a part of a small, very successful and productive team and establish excellent working relationships with internal and external customers. This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a dynamic growing business.
This role will take broad responsibility for the day-to-day operational maintenance and management of the payroll function. This is a large payroll so requires an experienced and seasoned Payroll professional with sound experience in all areas of the payroll function. Fast paced and energetic, this role will keep you interested, motivated and on your toes at all times. You will be responsible for ongoing Payroll for Australia, New Zealand & UK and the execution of the payroll within prescribed timeframes whilst maintaining high level of data accuracy and compliance and enabling the efficient delivery of service.
Monthly Payroll Management
- Driving effective processing and management of payroll workflow and task allocation to ensure timely and accurate completion of all payroll (regular and ad hoc) within prescribed deadlines.
- Timely and correctly set up and maintenance of employee master files.
- Handling new starter and termination activities within the system.
- Managing payroll processing of leave for APAC/Global employees.
- Handling employee payroll queries and requests such as general payroll, novated leasing, superannuation, purchased leave etc.
- Plenty of opportunities to be involved in various system/finance projects including system enhancements and process improvements etc.
Audit and Compliance
- Ensuring Payroll policies and procedures are in accordance with financial policies, relevant internal processes, and adhere to all local regulations and legislative requirements and are fully documented and updated to reflect any changes as they occur.
- Preparation and submission of monthly superannuation, pension and tax withheld requirements.
- Reconciliation and distribution of annual payment summaries.
- Completion of annual salary review updates.
- Maintaining all payroll records in accordance with legislative and compliance requirements.
- Ensuring Payroll are consistently delivering a high level of service to internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience leading payroll function within Global IT/Corporate business or a high volume environment across Australia/New Zealand/UK.
- Experience managing end-to-end Payroll.
- Tertiary qualifications relating to payroll or extensive demonstrated experience in payroll/finance functions.
- Expert knowledge of fundamental payroll. Greentree Payroll experience is preferable, but not essential.
- Professional interpersonal skills with excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Strong attention to detail and quality orientation.
- Ability to work in a high volume environment, manage conflicting priorities and completing tasks to deadline.
- Effective, hands-on team player who is self-directed and achievement driven.
Work with like-minded colleagues who have a passion for financial excellence within a global leading organisation. Within an encouraging and supportive environment, the team-orientated culture is helpful, friendly, inclusive and flexible. The Senior Management team has a shared vision and with an open and approachable style, employees have the freedom to bring ideas forward and feel empowered to learn.
Planit operates with a flat-structure feel which enables you to have your contributions heard and acknowledged. We keep up-to-date with the ever-changing IT industry and offer you the opportunity to focus on learning new things daily through your career at Planit. In addition, there are staff parties/activities, unrivalled employee benefits and a results-focussed culture that is inclusive, successful and we do it all with positivity and a smile.
Apply now for the opportunity of a lifetime!
Planit is an equal employment opportunity employer.
***NO AGENCIES PLEASE!!!***
If you believe that this role is for you APPLY TODAY !Apply Now